Meadowbrook Congregational Church is excited to announce the Mayflower Café Speaker Series which culminates in a major educational and inspirational event in the spring of 2018 featuring renowned speaker Dr. Diana Butler-Bass.
During the cold of winter, you are invited to be part of Mayflower C.A.F.E.’s warm and supportive faith exploration. This winter we will be using the Animate series Seven Big Conversations about Faith as the basis of our discussion. We will hear from seven leading contemporary theologians and authors who will not offer information to fill us, but instead give us thoughts and opinions that will get us thinking and talking and perhaps even writing and drawing! Mayflower C.A.F.E. begins at 7 p.m. Refreshments are always available.
Here is the winter schedule:
- January 16: Brian McLaren – God: Faith is a Quest
- January 23: Guest Speaker: Rev. Charles Packer, Pine Hill Congregational Church – The Dead Sea Scrolls at 70; Why should they matter to anyone?
- January 30: Lillian Daniel – Religion: Spirituality is Not Enough
- February 6: Mark Scandrette – Jesus: The Revolution of Love
- February 13: Shane Hipps – Salvation: Abundant Life Now
- February 20: Nadia Bolz-Weber – Cross: Where God Is
- February 27: Lauren Winner – Bible: A Book Like No Other
- March 6: Bruce Reyes-Chow – Church: An Imperfect Family
While we plan the major event with Dr. Butler-Bass, please set aside the following dates and times, and plan to attend any or all sessions.
- Friday, April 13: Evening event with music and refreshments
- Saturday, April 14: Two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon
- Sunday, April 15: Dr. Butler-Bass delivers the sermon at Sunday worship.
Ticket information and further details will be added as they become available.